Top 5 things I am loving this week!!!!
1. Ceiling fans- What is it about ceiling fans that babies find so mesmerizing. Turned on or off I have seen babies (including my own) sit and stare up at them for moments (that is a long time for a baby!) at a time. My daughter will almost break her neck to look at the one in the living room. I have actually laid down and looked up at it myself to see what I am missing. The only thing I noticed was that the fan needed to be cleaned!
2. Cloth diapers- Cloth diapers have become an accessory on the furniture around my house. I have them everywhere because I never know when I am going to need to clean spit up from down my back or poop from the swing. They look wonderful on the chairs, like white dollies. They do come in handy; I never thought I would need them as much as I do. I started out with one pack and then after having the baby went to Babies R Us to get more. I was ecstatic when they had buy packs 2 get 1 free. WHOO HOO!!!
3. Pacifier- Pacifiers are another mystery like the ceiling fans. Why do babies like having a plastic synthetic nipple in their mouth all day? I know it has something to do with their desire to suck all the time, but now I am wondering at what point they grow out of it? Perhaps we should all suck on pacifiers. Then we wouldn’t say things we don’t mean as often. No matter, I am loving the Passy!!!! It keeps my baby happy and quiet……..quiet, ahhhhhhh that is the most important thing.
4. Vibrating chair- I received a Bight Starts vibrating chair as a gift. I think one of my general council members told me to register for it because it was a Must Have. Oh yes it is! I recently started using this modern wonder. Who would have thought that babies would like “good vibrations”? (I’ve been wondering why they don’t make these in adult sizes….oh wait they do, they are at the nail salon!) Anyway, my daughter loves sitting in her vibrating chair looking at the ceiling fan while sucking on a pacifier. A multi-tasker already!
5. Digital Cameras- What did we do before these? OH, I know our parents only took 24 or 36 pictures of us at a time. The majority of the ones they took were no good because they could not preview them. People’s eyes were closed, heads were cut off, and family members were left out. Thank goodness for digital cameras! In the 5 weeks of my daughter’s life I have already taken over 1000 pictures of her. There is no way I could afford that many pictures if I were using 35mm. The other great thing about digital is that I can edit myself to make sure I look my best ;)